Thursday, July 19, 2012

7 Lakes

 The weekend of June 16 we all went to 7 lakes. It was SO unbelievably beautiful. Taylor got some amazing pictures...but even the pictures don't do it justice! Oh and all of the pictures on here are Taylor's...she did a great job of documenting her time here. Mac, Sarah, Nathan, Duncan, Jenny, Austin and their 4, Taylor, and I, as well as three college guys that were here for 6 weeks all drove down there for a fun day. We stopped at the third lake, which was a great spot. We had a picnic and just enjoyed being together. There weren't any locals there, so we (the girls) had a little bit more freedom to splash around and play in the water. It was COLD. They are glacier lakes, fresh melted from the gorgeous mountains that surround them. But it was definitely hot enough to at least get your feet wet. Of course I couldn't resist taking a polar dip and getting all the way in, or pass up an opportunity to race one of the guys. Who I totally smoked by the way! Just sayin:) It was definitely a new experience wearing central asian swimwear...I'm used to swimming in a bathing suit, not a knee-length dress and cotton pants. It was somewhat uncomfortable, but I was so pumped that we got an opportunity to swim. I'm a pool rat in the summer, so it's weird to not be able to go swimming every other day. Needless to say, I really enjoyed our time there.
The guys relaxing in the shade

Ethan making a bad choice...
Ethan paying for bad choice
...
Such a breathtaking view
My shoe floated away...I had to cross the FRIGID second lake for it
Victorious!





Vanessa and I
I still can't get over how beautiful it is
Sarah and sweet Elli
The guys
Nathan




No comments:

Post a Comment